Last Updated: October 30, 2023
If your screen is showing a black background with a faint Screenly logo, please first confirm you do not have any past-due billing invoices with us. If your account is up to date, then please work through the following steps to try and resolve this issue.
1. Ensure that the "Status" column on the screen page for that screen says "Online". This confirms that the screen is active and in-sync. Please note that depending on your content, in-sync players may still take some time (usually no more than a few minutes) to begin rendering content.
2. Confirm that you have enabled the playlist.
3. Check that you have assigned the playlist to the correct screens or group tags.
4. Verify that you have set up all parameters (scheduling dates, weekdays or times) correctly. An easy way to check if set up parameters are an issue is to eliminate time parameters. Just set your playlist to play on all weekdays using "the weekday is" option.
5. You can try restarting your Screenly Players. From within the web app, go to the Screens page. Then click on the screen and click Settings. Next, select Reboot Screen.
If the remote reboot does not work, you will need to reboot your screens physically in person. To do so, disconnect the power cable, wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cable. You can then check to see if your screens come back online and start showing your content.
6. After working through the above steps, you can give the following a try:
- Delete the current group and delete the current playlist.
- Create a new group with a new name (e.g. "Test Group").
- Create a new playlist with a new name (e.g. "Test Playlist").
- Add one asset to the new playlist.
- Add the group to the new playlist.
- Save everything, and wait for the screen to appear in-sync.
If the above steps solve your issue, then go ahead and add your other assets.
If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Screenly Support for assistance.