- Make sure our network requirements are met.
- We strongly encourage you to use a wired network connection. If this is not possible, please see our documentation on how to use WiFi.
- Screenly is designed to be running 24/7. If you need to shut down the screens at night, we recommend that you place a timer on the monitor.
- Do not under any circumstances use the USB port of your monitor to power your Raspberry Pi. This will cause stability issues.
Checklist if You Bring Your Own (BYO) player
If you are using your own Raspberry Pis (meaning, instead of using a purchsed bundle from one of our vendors), here are some items you should check before starting:
- Only use Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
- Make sure you are using a proper power supply. We strongly recommend that you use the official power supply as it has been tested with the specifications of the Raspberry Pi.
- Make sure to only use Class 10 SD cards. For more recommendations on SD cards, please see this article.